Our dentist can provide patients with a series of teeth-straightening aligner trays, which are ideal for those looking for a discreet tooth straightening option. Clear Aligners are commonly chosen teeth-straightening options offered at Dentist of Miami and Orthodontics.
While most people invest in teeth straightening treatment for the uniform appearance they create, they can also benefit one's oral health. However, investing in various types of options will produce different results. We can provide patients with a professional, efficient, and customizable teeth straightening treatment.
Clear Aligners involves a series of clear plastic aligner trays that discreetly fit over the teeth. Along with being difficult to notice, they are easy for the patients to remove while brushing their teeth and while eating, playing sports, taking pictures, and more. As long as the patient wears the aligners for at least 22 hours a day, they can enjoy the versatility of Clear Aligners and avoid the frustration of traditional metal braces.
How do Clear Aligners work?
Our dentist and team can help you straighten your teeth using a series of aligners. First, an impression of your teeth is taken to create a series of aligners in a dental lab. The aligners themselves are made out of a thermoplastic material that is strong and, at the same time, flexible to be comfortable when worn for a long time. The material is virtually invisible.
One should wear the aligners for 22 hours a day, and every two weeks, they need to be switched out with the next one in the series. Over months, the aligners will slowly move teeth into place, making one minor adjustment at a time that is targeted to specific teeth. This helps your teeth to be comfortable as they are moved into position at a manageable pace. Once you are done wearing your aligners, your teeth should be perfectly straight.
Benefits of Clear Aligners
- Patients may prefer wearing Clear Aligners because of how convenient they are in comparison to wearing traditional braces.
- The aligners are clear, so no one can tell you are straightening your teeth.
- They are only worn for 22 hours a day, so you can take them out to eat dinner, go on a date, or make an important presentation at work.
- You can brush and floss your teeth like normal, and no additional tools are required.
- There is less of a risk that your teeth will become stained compared to wearing metal braces that can be difficult to clean.
- The procedure is more comfortable than metal braces since the aligners move teeth into place slowly and only focus on a few teeth at a time.
- Aligners are easy to take care of, and you only use the same aligner for a couple of weeks.
How do I care for my aligners?
We recommend that patients remove their aligners and rinse them with warm water daily. You may also want to brush them with a soft toothbrush.
Clear Aligners may be the perfect option for you if you are interested in getting straighter teeth discreetly and conveniently. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.