An Invisalign® dentist can provide patients with a series of teeth-straightening aligner trays, which are ideal for those looking for a discreet tooth straightening option. Invisalign® is a commonly chosen teeth-straightening option offered at Dentist of Miami and Orthodontics.
While most people invest in teeth straightening treatment for the uniform appearance they create, they can also benefit one's oral health. However, investing in various types of options will produce different results. As an Invisalign® dentist, we can provide patients with a professional, efficient, and customizable teeth straightening treatment.
Invisalign involves a series of clear plastic aligner trays that discreetly fit over the teeth. Along with being difficult to notice, they are easy for patients to remove when eating, brushing teeth, playing sports, taking pictures, and more. As long as the patient wears the aligners for at least 22 hours a day, they can enjoy the versatility of Invisalign and avoid the frustration of traditional metal braces.
How does Invisalign® work?
As an Invisalign® dentist, our team straightens teeth using a series of aligners. First, an impression of your teeth is taken so that a series of aligners can be created in a dental lab. The aligners themselves are made out of a thermoplastic material that is strong and at the same time flexible in order to be comfortable when worn for long periods of time. The material is virtually invisible.
The aligners should be worn for 22 hours a day and every two weeks; they need to be switched out with the next one in the series. Over a period of months, the aligners will slowly move teeth into place, making one minor adjustment at a time that is targeted to specific teeth. This helps your teeth to be comfortable as they are moved into position at a manageable pace. Once you are done wearing your aligners, your teeth should be perfectly straight.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Patients may prefer wearing Invisalign® because of how convenient it is in comparison to wearing traditional braces.
- The aligners are clear so no one can tell you are straightening your teeth.
- They are only worn for 22 hours a day so you can take them out to eat dinner, go on a date, or make an important presentation at work.
- You can brush and floss your teeth like normal, and no additional tools are required.
- There is less of a risk that your teeth will become stained as compared with wearing metal braces that can be difficult to clean.
- The procedure is more comfortable than metal braces since the aligners move teeth into place slowly and only focus on a few teeth at a time.
- Aligners are easy to take care of, and you only use the same aligner for a couple of weeks.
How do I care for my aligners?
We recommend that patients remove their aligners and rinse them with warm water on a daily basis. You may also want to brush them with a soft toothbrush.
If you are interested in getting straighter teeth in a discreet and convenient manner, Invisalign® may be the perfect option for you. Contact us today to schedule your Invisalign® consultation.